Sellincourt Primary School works with Place2Be, the UK's leading children's mental health charity providing in-school support and expert training to help improve the emotional wellbeing of pupils, families, teachers and school staff.
Oh she has definitely changed…in the way she feels about her school life, her home life, and just the way she is in herself – she is a lot happier”– Parent
How Place2Be helps pupils
Pupils can find help with friendship issues and other worries by choosing to visit Place2Talk. Children can book to see a counsellor on their lunch or break time and attend on their own or in a group.
Place2Be also works with children individually and in small groups, offering regular time-tabled support for those who will benefit most, working closely with parents and school staff.
There is a dedicated Place2Be room inside the school where children can go to express and think about their worries, through talking, creative work and play. This helps children to find new ways of coping with difficulties so they don’t get in the way of friendships or learning.
Place2Be helps you feel less angry, make friends, get more confident, sort out your problems, make you feel special, make everything better. – Year 5 pupil
Other support from Place2Be
Place2Be also offers support and advice for parents and carers, as well as teachers and school staff. Please do get in touch with our School Project Manager, Ms Seony Rayan, to find out more.
Times when we’re especially useful
There are times when children feel especially sad, confused, fearful or angry, due to family problems such as separation or illness, or even the death of a much-loved pet. Some may become withdrawn; others may become demanding or challenging in their behaviour: that’s when having Place2Be in school is especially helpful.
Our Place2Be School Project Manager is Mr Ola Aralepo, who works on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays. You can contact him via email, telephone or face-to-face:
Mr Ola Aralepo
School Project Manager
Tel: 020 8672 6796 option 4
Place2Talk – Self-referral service
- Lunchtime service for all children.
- Children self-refer by posting a slip in the P2B post box.
- 15 minute sessions with School Project Manager (SPM) for individuals or groups of children
Place2Be – Children:
- Individual Sessions
- 1 to 1 sessions for individual children, by referral only, for an hour a week
- Referrals can be made by staff, parents or the children themselves.
- Duration = 1 to 3 terms. Children are collected and returned to class by Volunteer Counsellors (VCs).
Place2Think – for teaching staff:
- Support for teachers and school staff to discuss any issues relating to children or referrals.
- Timetabled sessions or drop-in times as required.
Place for Parents
- Support for parents/carers. Referrals made through the School Project Manager are passed to a Parent Counsellor.
- 8 weekly sessions initially, but can be extended to up to a year.
- Sessions care usually held at this school.
Parent Counsellor - Melanie Hallows
You can also find out more about Place2Be at: www.place2be.org.uk